Location: Springfield, MO
Job Type: Full-Time **Extensive Travel
Are you a talented Video Designer/Integrator that desires to work for one of the Midwest’s premier leaders in the Audio and Visual industry? Look no further… our topnotch growing company is seeking to add first class talent to join our video design & integration team.
Projects include everything from high performance video production, Control Room design/layout, and presentation systems in houses of worship and entertainment venues to conference room technology and digital signage systems in corporate facilities.
The Video Designer will be an integral part of the design team that includes audio, video, acoustics and scenic designers in addition to 3D rendering teams and drafting professionals. The individual will work alongside and in conjunction with other designers and will report to the VP of design services.
The Video Designer will be responsible for the intricate design of large format, professional video systems in high profile church and corporate environments. The individual will also be responsible for some installation and commissioning of same systems. This individual must have an excellent knowledge of the video industry’s latest technology and should be considered an expert in the field. The individual should always be striving to improve their education, skills and efficiency. The person should be an excellent communicator that can work well in high stress situations, be a high-capacity self-starter with excellent client skills. Ability to follow directions, solve problems and work with others as a team and staff alike is a must. This is not exclusively an office job, the individual must be able to travel regularly. This position is located in Springfield, MO.
What are the minimum requirements?
· Required to relocate to Springfield, MO.
· Four to six years of professional video design experience.
· Valid Class E driver’s license and good driving record or obtain class E driver license within 30 days of start date.
· Must be minimum 21 years of age
· Ability to work back to back, 10 hour days and occasional longer days
· Must have a relatively flexible schedule
· High level of experience with AutoDesk software to illustrate design concepts for video systems
· Extensive, nationwide travel to jobsites on average 60 – 75 days per year
· Extensive experience in understanding video production workflow.
· Proficient in basic computer skills and use of standard Microsoft office software such as Office 365, word, excel, outlook, power-point and teams.
· Basic understanding of Apple MAC systems
· Extensive experience with Adobe, ProPresenter and other presentation/production software systems
· High level of experience in how churches utilize video systems
What does this job entail?
· Video broadcast design work: mounted or flown LED walls; high profile projectors and screens; routers and switchers; distribution equipment: camera systems: video engineering equipment; production communication equipment; video racks; deployment of flat screen displays and their mounts; extensive digital signage systems; control rooms and their furniture; production facilities; conference room technology systems
· Commissioning of video systems: System setup and testing; troubleshooting; programming; end user client training; client interface; operation of opening day services;
· Coordination and collaboration with designers, installers, project management, other trades, contractors, manufacturers and client
· Attend client needs assessment meetings to determine parameters for system design
· Conduct site visits and surveys to collect information to help advance the installation
· Always work to maintain a clean, safe and secure work environment in shop and jobsite
· Carry out work adhering to OSHA safety protocols and company procedures
· Assist other Paragon designers and commissioning teams as needed
· Other duties as assigned
What skills will be valuable?
· Leadership skills: problem-solving in high stress environments; positive, professional, client friendly demeanor; verbal and written communication skills; comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback; time management; ability to multi-task
· Team player who values and adds to an excellent team culture
· Knowledge of audio and/or lighting design
· Ability to open Paragon up to new clients and projects
What are the physical demands of the job?
· Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time on a daily basis.
· Must be able to kneel, bend, stoop, push/pull, crouch and balance for long periods of time on a daily basis
· Must be able to use hands for grasping and fine manipulation
· Must be able to read, write and speak with positive attitude with ability to recall, remember and work well under stress for long periods of time on a daily basis.