Location: Springfield, MO
Job Type: Full-time
Are you looking to work for a rapidly growing company that has a great culture. pay, and benefits? HR Advantage is recruiting for a talented HR Recruiter for a Manufacturing company in Springfield. The ideal candidate is adaptable, problem solver, innovative, detail oriented, and confident in their work. An Associates degree and experience in recruitment is preferred.
SUMMARY: Achieves staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; advising managers on hiring process. Design and implement overall recruiting strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
• Will attend job fairs in all locations/markets as needed and responsible for employment advertising.
• Preparing source documentation needed for new hire, employment paperwork.
Administering background checks and drug tests.
• Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
• Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
• Responsible for entering applicant data into Great Plains software tracking.
• Responsible for job postings internally and externally, including outside websites and company website, maintenance of postings and all processes involved.
• Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
• Internal job postings for non-union positions in all locations, along with union positions locally.
• Conduct other internal processes prior to applicant phone screen.
• Conduct applicant phone screen, conduct initial face to face interview and applicant selection onsite for the next interview step.
• Schedule interviews for hiring manager following recruiter’s interview.
• Communicate with managers regarding interview guides, interviews and job offers and placement.
• Responsible for reviewing all pre-employment paperwork for accuracy for all location at time of interview.
• Responsible for completing all reference checks prior to starting the pre-employment process.
• Makes conditional job offers.
• Complete background checks on all potential new hires.
• Schedule pre-employment drug tests after an acceptable background check.
• Ensure applicant has all mandatory documents needed, along with CDL permit or license for drivers.
• Schedule on-boarding once all pre-employment processes have been completed.
• Send out new hire e-mails once all pre-employment processes have been completed and orientation date is confirmed.
• Send communication to all applicants, following position selection.
• Update Great Plains (GP) system when applicant is not selected and has been removed from the process.
• Responsible for creating and having on hand new hire packets for the corporate office.
• Responsible for completing all DOT required paperwork and getting the approval to move forward with orientation (internal approval).
• Assist as needed with new hire on-boarding.
• Responsible for updating and submitting a weekly recruitment report.
• Responsible for communicating transfer employees internally.
• Responsible for scheduling DOT recertification physicals for drivers.
• Responsible for updating and submitting a weekly new hire, term and transfer report.
• Responsible for tracking union offers for transfer.
• Other duties may be assigned or requested.
COMPETENCIES: Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills, competent computer skills in use of word, excel, PowerPoint and HRIS systems, with ability to create spreadsheets for analysis and tracking of various information. Recruiting, interviewing skills, people skills. Hands on experience with various selection processes.
Please send inquiries and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.