HR Advantage is searching for a professional HR Generalist for a Springfield, MO based-client employer!
Job Summary: The main responsibility of the HR Generalist is to organize the benefits, performance management, recruitment, safety, and compliance functions for our growing organization. This position focuses on benefits administration and leave management (including FMLA, medical, and Workers’ Compensation), unemployment claims management, compensation and incentives, retention, recognition, and safety programs, and compliance as well as ensuring communication of those initiatives to the company at-large, under the direction and guidance of the Director of HR. This position may also supervise an HR Coordinator and be directly responsible for recruitment and retention initiatives. Our HR Generalists provide knowledge and expertise to support the management team as a strategic HR business partner.
• Develop safety systems that emphasize quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
• Create and maintain recruitment, retention, benefits, total compensation, performance management, leave of absence, safety and compliance-related policies, procedures, and programs that align with company goals, culture, and objectives while following requirements of state and local laws.
• Offer a compelling point of view regarding the organization’s recruitment, benefits, compensation, retention, performance management, leave of absence, safety, and compliance philosophies.
• Monitor and maintain compliance with internal policies and legal standards in multiple states.
• Anticipate and resolve questions related to recruitment, onboarding and offboarding, leave, and compliance issues, treating employees and management as internal customers and vendors as valued allies.
• Partner with IT regarding onboarding and offboarding procedures and maintaining security of employees’ personally identifying information.
• Oversee performance management through development and administration of the quarterly Key Performance Indicator (KPI) incentives plans.
• Benefits management partnering with management and insurance brokers to make recommendations on benefit plans. Review and authorize monthly benefit billing and audit benefits to ensure adds and drops performed correctly. Be the expert on our benefits offerings and develop benefit education for employees.
• Oversee updates of security rights for end users.
• 401(k) plan management partnering with management, brokers and auditors. Ensure 401(k) is paid and filed timely.
• Lead benefit open enrollment activities for employees.
• Manage Workers’ Compensation claims and conduct regular review of cases to decrease experience modification rate.
• Review and revise Standard Operating Procedures for Recruitment, Safety, Leave Administration, Workers’ Compensation and related strategy, and response to unemployment claims.
• Respond to unemployment claims in a timely manner.
• Investigate any harassment or disparate treatment allegations, and disputes between workers, keeping the Director of HR informed of each case, at the beginning of and throughout the investigation, for oversight.
• Supervise and develop the HR Coordinator through coaching opportunities and training, in cooperation with the Director of HR, to ensure recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding is managed with excellence.
• Develop suggestions for training and coaching opportunities for employees and managers to provide to the Director of HR.
• Increase manager capability, by driving training and coaching opportunities involving tools available in Paylocity.
• Develop and coordinate training for employees, including other HR Department staff, regarding our recruitment initiatives, OSHA, Workers’ Compensation, Leaves of Absence, FMLA, Safety, and other issues, in conjunction with our Training & Development Specialist.
• Interact, influence, and communicate effectively with all employees, maintaining constructive working relationships with multiple stakeholders at various levels.
• Provide backup to HR Coordinator and Payroll & Benefits Administrator in all functions.
• Perform other tasks and duties, as requested.
Requirements & Qualifications:
The HR Generalist is a collaborator and a problem solver. This position ensures consistent application of recruiting, payroll & benefits, safety, & compliance best practices and policy and procedure.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Communication or related field, or equivalent experience
• PHR or SHRM-CP certification required; SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred
• 5+ years of progressive HR experience required; supervisory experience preferred
• Superior interpersonal skills inclusive of a positive, easy-going, people-oriented attitude with an ability to work with people at all levels within the company
• Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify root causes and recommend solutions
• Advanced knowledge of and experience with employment-related laws
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate best practices in an easy-to-understand way
• High standards of integrity and adherence to strict confidentiality standards
• Time-management, organizational, and prioritization skills
• Dependable, flexible, adaptable, attentive to detail with a strong work ethic
• Ability to adapt to dynamic employee situations
• Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple tasks in an environment subject to disruptions and/or a rapidly changing focus, with multiple projects and deadlines
• Strong presentation skills
• Proficiency in the use of an HR Information System (HRIS); Paylocity experience preferred
• Ability to maintain employee and company information in strict confidence and utilize the utmost discretion in all matters of information obtained during the course of employment
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Send questions and resume to Seth at firstname.lastname@example.org