Location: Springfield, MO
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $17 – $22 /hr
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs Human Resources related duties such as: employee relations, recruitment, new hire on-boarding, terminations, benefits administration, workers’ compensation, leave records, FMLA and background checks. All of the above must be handled with a degree of confidentiality.
- Oversee (timely and accurate) processing of employee paperwork such as: I-9, insurance forms, leave of absence program, pre-employment background, workers’ compensation, and unemployment claims.
- Maintain a working relationship with employees, vendors and management by monitoring day-to-day implementation of policies, compensation, benefits, hours and working conditions.
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, employment laws and regulations.
- Provide new hire orientation to employees.
- Represent management in investigating, answering, and settling employee related concerns, facilitate and/or schedule meetings between the employee(s), supervisor and the Owner.
- Oversee items such as: EEOC, FMLA, ADA, Garnishments, Unemployment, etc. in a timely manner.
- Respond or work with management on employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Work closely with collaborative departments in making recommendations on HR issues and/or concerns that mirror company values and objectives.
- Provides a professional and courteous demeanor and representation to internal and external customers.
- Coordinate Insurance Open Enrollment events, ensuring compliance with state and Federal laws.
- Conduct exit interviews and analyze data and makes recommendations to management for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Ensure terminations are processed timely and notifies various insurance carriers to administer the COBRA notification.
- May review applications, interview and conduct background checks for applicants.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Three to four (3–4) years of relevant HR experience is needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of construction industry a plus.
- Knowledge of Sage software is a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Good computer skills (Microsoft 365, Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good data entry, phone and people skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing conditions.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Able to handle interruptions well.
- A Good Team Player.
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org