Are you looking to work for a rapidly growing company that has a great culture and great benefits? HR Advantage is recruiting for a HR Manager for a construction company in Springfield. The ideal candidate is adaptable, problem solver, innovative, and a great leader. A bachelor degree in HR or related field is required, along with 2 – 5 years experience.
Position Summary: Performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, development, training, employment, labor relations, affirmative action and employment equity programs
• Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
• Performs the Interview and New Hire Process by reviewing applicants, interviewing, screening and administering job related skills testing to prospective candidates.
• Facilitates the on-boarding process and conducts new hire orientation.
• Assists management with employee development initiatives, including development and delivery of training materials, to promote strong employee satisfaction and retention.
• Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and Federal/ filings.
• Assists with Benefit Administration.
• Maintains working relationship with management and staff while adhering to Federal and State employment laws and regulations.
• Facilitates and/or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce and training to keep managers/supervisors/staff up to date on policies and compliance.
• Oversees the performance management process.
• Supervises administrative staff.
• Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs to cultivate a motivated employee base.
• Facilitates wage and benefits analysis.
• Responds to all employment related inquires (reference checks, verification of employment, UI and EEOC, etc.).
• Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
• Serves as advisory support to managers/supervisors relating to counseling, disciplinary action and separations.
• Represents management in investigating, answering, and settling grievances, by arranging and scheduling grievance hearings between personnel, supervisor and members of the management team.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles should the individual be present on a worksite.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites including high noise level in the work environment and job site.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABILITY TO: Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as long as the accommodations do not to cause the company undue hardship.
• Continuous use of hands, arms and legs and moving whole body such as computer usage, walking, sitting, lifting (up to 15 lbs.), reaching, balancing, standing, stooping, bending, carrying, pushing, or pulling.
• Continuous handling and moving objects using hands and arms in operating basic office equipment including use of verbal and non-verbal communication.
• On occasion may operate and drive a company owned vehicle in safe manner.
• Constant work in office environment including, and;
• Typically is scheduled to work standard work hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Mondays through Friday, and works out of ordinary hours as directed on occasion which may include some weekend work.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Follows directions from management
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to read, understand and interpret employment laws and policies
• Ability to understand, create, and perform advanced HR applications
• Interacts effectively with management, vendors, and co-workers
• Comprehends and complies with posted rules and procedures
• Communicates effectively both in written format and oral format
• Multi-tasks and establishes priorities
• Maintains organization in a changing environment
• Must pass physical, drug test and MVR
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
• Must be able to travel on an as needed basis
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree Human Resources Management, or a related field.
• Two-Three years’ experience in Human Resources Administration.
• Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
• The ability to research and analyze various different type of data information.
• Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
Job Type: Full-time