Location: Lee’s Summit, MO with some travel to other site locations in the area
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our top notch team who wants to make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities. This management position with supervisory duties teaches basic academic and living skills to individuals having developmental disabilities and monitors medical needs. You will change lives with valued members of our community!
Job responsibilities and oversight:
• Ensures a culture of gentleness and respect for the individuals in our care.
• Ensures that that computerized documentation and event log requirements are being met in accordance with state regulations.
• Monitors staff and LPN’s assigned with individual(s) to complete appropriate documentation, in addition to staff training as scheduled.
• Assists individuals in our care with hygiene and personal care needs such as toileting, changing depends, showering, feeding, passing medications.
• Provides input for grants, meeting minutes, schedule preparation, and other notifications and information for management.
• Works with Training Coordinator and attends meetings, seminars, training sessions, and staff meetings.
• Serves as Medication Committee Chair person to ensure proper doctor’s orders are received and maintained in respect to the medication policy.
• High School diploma or equivalent. Holds BSN/RN Nursing degree and license in the state of Missouri.
• Two years minimum of nursing experience.
• Must have the desire work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Must have completed or have the desire to complete training in First Aid, CPR, Gentle Teaching, Medication Administration, preventative disease control, safety awareness, Abuse/Neglect prevention, Harassment and Seizure trainings. Must have valid Class E Chauffer’s Missouri driver’s license (or equivalent from another state), proof of current car insurance, and a safe driving record
Office and Personal Skills:
• Excellent communication, writing and management skills are imperative.
• Computer knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, EXCEL, Outlook and typing skills must be maintained.
To apply: send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org