Are you analytical, detail oriented, and a problem solver?
HR Advantage is seeking a talented Payroll Manager for a Springfield, MO based, client employer. As a Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of payroll processing and ensuring accurate and timely compensation for our temporary and permanent employees. You will prepare accounting records that result in the timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements and other financial analyses and backup on all accounting functions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Manage end-to-end payroll processing for both temporary and permanent employees, including data entry, deductions, and adjustments, ensuring accuracy and adherence to company policies and relevant laws.
• Regularly audit payroll data for accuracy, resolve discrepancies, and reconcile payroll reports. Ensure timely and accurate reporting to finance and management teams.
• Effectively communicate with employees regarding payroll-related inquiries, tax forms, and other documentation. Provide exceptional customer service to address any concerns or questions.
• Responsible for payroll taxes, filings and year end processing of W-2’s.
• Maintain organized and confidential payroll records, including historical data, employee records, and tax documentation, in accordance with company policies and legal requirements.
• Prepare various key monthly financial statement entries and analyses as assigned by the Controller.
• Make journal entries and prepare analyses to account for fixed assets and inventories.
• Prepare the annual property tax assessments for all branches.
• Work closely with Human Resources, Branch locations, and other relevant departments to ensure seamless communication and alignment in payroll-related matters.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Two years payroll experience in large company or multistate experience preferred, CPP preferred
• Accounting degree preferred but not required
• Good analytical and problem-solving ability
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Proactive individual focused on system and reporting improvements
• Proactive approach and be able to manage your time effectively
• Strong attention to detail and analytical reasoning skills
• Good working knowledge of MS Office
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, ESOP, PTO, and Wellness Program
Salary: 60k – 70k
Please send resumes and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org