HR Advantage is looking for a talented Director of Sales for a Springfield, MO based, client employer!
Location: The ideal candidate will live within the region they will manage – ND, SD, MN, WI, NE, IA, TN, KY
This senior management role is responsible for leading, managing, and developing the strategies for the sales and store teams.
The Director of Sales plays a pivotal role in driving revenue growth for the company through effective sales strategies, team leadership, and customer relationship management. They are responsible for overseeing all aspects of the sales department and ensuring the achievement of sales targets and objectives.
• Develop and implement comprehensive strategic sales plans, execute, and pivot to make improvements when necessary.
• Develop, launch, and implement major company initiatives in alignment with the company’s goals and objectives.
• Recruit, train, and manage a team of Regional Sales Directors, who lead teams of outside sales consultants and store teams, providing guidance, motivation, and coaching to achieve optimal performance.
• Monitor and analyze sales metrics and KPIs to track progress and identify areas for improvement.
• Analyze market trends, competitive landscape, and customer preferences to make informed business decisions and drive innovation in sales approaches.
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with manufacturer partners as well as key customers to drive sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Prepare accurate sales forecasts, budgets, and reports for executive management.
• Maintain a deep understanding of the company’s products and services to communicate their value proposition effectively to the sales and store team as well as clients.
• Continuously assess and refine the sales process to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
• Partner daily with the Director of Stores and work closely with other departments, including marketing, business development and customer care, to align strategies and achieve overall business objectives.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement by proactively identifying opportunities for process enhancements and sales effectiveness.
• Ensure the sales team adheres to company policies, legal requirements, and ethical standards.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, management, sales, or a related field.
• 12+ years of proven experience in sales and store team leadership roles, with a track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
• 6+ years managing direct reports across multiple states.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to inspire and lead a diverse sales team.
• Ability to travel both inside and outside the region regularly.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and reliable transportation.
• Proficient in Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, and other sales management tools.
• Deep sales industry knowledge and understanding of market dynamics.
• Beauty industry experience preferred, but not required.
• Strategic thinking and the ability to develop and execute sales strategies.
Please send resumes and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org